<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 21, 2023

RANT 

 Sunday was a DAY.  Weird, at times stressful, with bouts of cranky-inducement.


First, this guy decided we needed to start our day at six AM.



I was able to spend some time with the Porch Kitties (SINCE WE WERE AWAKE SO EARLY); Shadow got to experience canned tuna, though Syd would not share her can with him.  It was still cool enough (this week's temps are all mid to upper 90s, so I wanted to take advantage while we could), it was neighbor-free and relatively quiet - Except for the murder of crows (at least 20 swarming the skies), and a very emphatic bird of prey.


 


I decided Sunday was the day I was finally going to make a trans pride cake, so that was next.  Because it was going to be a five-layer affair, we'd picked up some disposable pans...only discovering after the second set of cakes came out of the oven that one of the pairs was slightly different from the others - scalloped rather than straight edges - and this just made me cranky.  

See, I hate everything to do with cake decorating.  I LOVE baking.  I just take zero pleasure from the outer details. I know it has a lot to do with unresolved crap with my mom, but that doesn't change how I feel about it. 
So I knew I was going to have one layer that was going to stick out, and it just turned my mood. 

But I kept going, and with enough buttercream as Spackle, I think it turned out Ok.

 


                   

This project, plus the laminated biscuits I made for dinner and the early start, left me exhausted but not TIRED.
So I was up long after the guys had gone to bed.  


I was just about to wash up when I noticed something on my peripheral.  


SPIDER.


SPIDER.


SPIDER!


Extreme arachnophobia here, so...



I know it's all tiny things, but it's a bunch of tiny things that added up to A LOT, ok?


I boycotted Monday.  I couldn't risk it.




Labels: , , , , , , , , ,





Idle Chatter:
You totally crack me up 🤣
 
Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?