<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Please Excuse the Dust 

Well.

Hi.

It's been some time, hasn't it?

Five and a half years!



I know, I know.

Life got complicated. And the blog just became less of a priority.

So I guess you're due for an update!



Where to begin?

Alex recently turned seventeen.

I KNOW.

That sweet little guy is growing up! And I do mean up.

He's pushing 6'4"!!

Our dog situation has changed over the years. We went from five to three to two and now back to three.

Meet The Pack.



Malainn is my sweet baby girl.

When we lost Donegal, I was bereft. And then we found her.



This is Derrynane.

He's a tremendous goof, but super-loving. Always happy.



And Rahara.

Matt calls him The Little Prince, and it's fitting.















What else is new?

I've been doing the Good Reads challenge; this year, the goal is 110 books. I came close to that last year, and this time, I'm also re-reading the Agatha Christie catalog (celebrating 100 years), which gives me plenty of material.

Speaking of books - I wrote one!

Let me back up.

Three years ago, I participated in NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to commit to writing, every day, in November, with a 50,000 word count by the end. With luck, you'll have a finished novel.

The first year, I did fairly well. The novel's a bit rough, and I'm planning to go back for some serious revisions. But I liked the characters, setting, and plot, so I feel it's worth the effort.

The second year...there were other factors in play, and I didn't finish. Lost the thread, and just never went back.

So last year I was determined to do better.

And I did.

Exceeded word count, finished before the end of the month. And the best, most shocking part? I liked it. I mean, I really, really liked it.

So much so, I went back, and edited. Revised. Again and again.

And I still liked it.

Now? It's in the hands of five 'beta' readers, if you will.

I'm not saying you're going to find it on the shelves of your local book seller, but I'm stupidly proud of it.

I'm also teaming up with an artist friend, who liked a fic I wrote (my very first!) so much, he wants to turn it into a web comic. So that's happening.

Since we last chatted, I've become the biggest Earper.



Never before have I found a fan community so delightfully open and supportive. And the show is everything I could want. (Only Legends of Tomorrow comes close.)

Still cooking and baking (seriously considering restarting that blog, too); I'm always covered in flour.

Some health issues that are, frankly, sucky, but that's for another time.

Anyway, odds are good I'll be posting here again. No promises as to how regularly, but anything's better than not.

Take care of yourselves. Wash your hands. Stay home if you can. Binge lots of awesome TV. Read books. Play games.

Labels: , , , ,





Idle Chatter: Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?