<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 23, 2010

The Week in Comics

Read this week:

Zatanna #3. Good. Really good. Made up for the opening page of issue #1 good.

Nice resolution, made me cry...

Birds of Prey #3. Finally got my copy. It's...a bit weird. Total cliffhanger ending. Still not liking the art.

Brightest Day #6. Still a lot of questions. The end was unexpected & I have no idea what's going on!

Avengers, The Heroic Age #3. Yeah, I know. A Marvel title! I still feel like I'm playing catch-up, coming from a DC background & not always knowing who the heck is on the page, but I'm giving this a try. So far, I'm enjoying it but, being both new to Marvel & not terribly invested/devoted to it, I could easily be missing things die-hard fans are raging over.

Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #2. Um...how 'bout that? Another one. I think I picked this title partly because I role play with a really good Spidey & Logan!

Serious doom & gloom what with the whole apocalyptic story, but I've no complaints so far.

X-MEN #1. Heh...would you look at that. Another one!

I read the run leading up to this, & despite my initial reaction of 'Vampires? Really?', I can see how this could be interesting.

Streets of Gotham #14. I swear I missed an issue or two somewhere along the line. I really want to see how they handle things here, with Bruce's return not too far away.

X-Force #1. ...oh, hey. Marvel. Again.

Domino & Wolverine. Ninja assassins. ...Guess we'll see how this goes.

Superman #701. Ok, I succumbed. I gave in to the hype. I'm reading about Superman walking across America.

Booster Gold #27, 28 & 29. On the recommendation of a friend, I'm reading Booster Gold. Kind of heavy subject material to jump in with, you know...Black Lanterns, devastation of a city, but I'm told it gets better!


Also: Civil War. Hardcover.

I came into this with almost no knowledge of this event. So obviously I'm a bit behind on things.

The story made me angry at some of the characters, even if I understood why they did certain things. I really don't know what else to say...it's still bubbling around in the brain & I'm not yet sure how or what I feel about it.




Idle Chatter: Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?