<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 17, 2007

Katee Sackhoff Rocks

Matt & I watched the first episode of Bionic Woman this weekend.

SPOILERYNESS BELOW

Wow, I say.

Ok; I wasn't as blown away by it as I was with, say...Battlestar Galactica, but it was good.

Katee Sackhoff as the original put-back-together gal stole every scene she was in. Totally badass. She got to look feminine, too, a luxury her BSG character is rarely afforded. And it almost seemed, to me at least, as if she were channeling Six at times.

The BSG influences were obvious. The cameras style, the angles, the colors (various shades of blue & gray), not to mention both Sackhoff &Aaron Douglas (Chief Tyrol) were poached directly from Galactica!

It was good to see Miguel Ferrer still has a job (after Crossing Jordan's cancellation); NBC has long shown a loyalty to it's actors. See Molly Price for further proof: on Bionic Woman she plays Ruth Treadwell; you may remember her from NBC's Third Watch as well as from eps of Law & Order and as Sam's sister in Without a Trace.

Overall, I liked the show. It's definitely not the show I saw as a kid, although I wasn't even in school yet when Lindsay Wagner had her body parts replaced.

However, I'm not sold on the lead! Isn't terrible? Something about her bothers me, and I usually root for the brunette. Still, I'm just not sure about her.

Of course, it's just one episode, and we've decided we'll definitely tune in for #2. If I can get over my initial dislike for the current Jamie Sommers, we may have a new show for the fall season.

And on another note, I caught a couple preview minutes of the first CSI episode. I'm telling you now: if they kill of Sara, I will stop watching the show. That's final.




Idle Chatter: Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?