<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Sorry, I think I'll stay home.

I'm not a big fan of remakes. It's done frequently in Hollywood, although even that isn't a new trend (how many versions of "My Favorite Wife" could the studios release in a decade and a half, anyway?).

The Women is a film I'm quite fond of. I first saw it many years ago, and instantly fell in love with the all-female cast, and story. I've been hearing talk of a remake for quite some time, going back to the early nineties when Whitney Houston and Julia Roberts were named as possible stars.

And now, it seems like the project is finally off the ground:

Stars Team Up for 'The Women'
Meg Ryan, Annette Bening, Eva Mendes, Jada Pinkett Smith, Debra Messing and Candice Bergen are teaming up for a remake of the 1939 classic The Women. The cast members, who have either signed up for the movie or are on the verge of doing so, will be directed by Diane English, who has spent more than 10 years trying to get the project off the ground. Despite its all-star cast, The Women has a budget of less than $20 million, reports Daily Variety. The 1939 original was directed by George Cukor and starred Norma Shearer and Joan Crawford.


But I just don't think it's a film to be tinkered with. I don't want to see a modern version.

Good luck to them, seriously. Just don't count on my nine bucks when it's released.




Idle Chatter: Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?