<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 14, 2007

What I'm up to

I almost feel as though I owe you a written excuse from my mother.

Of course, by the time I got to high school, I was writing my own excuses and signing my mom's name (could write just like her), which makes the whole thing a bit cheap.

I've just been caught up in a number of things. Some food events, some things at home. Had a nice Easter dinner. Still taking care of many dogs. Getting through the last month of school (hard to believe).

Here's what I'm into right now:

WATCHING

The first disc of the first season of Soap Wow. That show came out 30 years ago!
I remember watching it with my grandparents, and loving it. Matt and I were pleasantly surprised to see it still holds up. Funny stuff.

READING

Despite not updating my Book Challenge, I have added a few more books to the list. I'm just about to tackle Educating Peter, which admittedly seems like an odd choice for a non-drinker. But I'd kept up with Lettie Teague's progress through her Food & Wine articles, and given the chance to preview it, decided it was worth my time. I'll let you know how it goes.

LISTENING

When I was still in radio, I instantly fell in love with Duncan Sheik, the songwriter. "Barely Breathing" and "She Runs Away" were such welcome lyrical ports in an otherwise boy-band-and-pop-princess dominated sea. I bought his eponymous CD, and it spent many, many days on 'repeat' in my player.

At some point, the disc was taken out by He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named-But-You-Know-Who-You-Are, not put back in it's case, and subsequently, scratched and ruined.

I never did get around to replacing it (that's a debit, my dear), but I recently ordered Brighter: A Duncan Sheik Collection.

As with the earlier disc, this one rarely leaves my CD player. I'm really drawn to songwriters (Jackson Browne, anyone?), so Sheik's music...while both dark and moody, light and hopeful...makes me happy.

And I like being happy.




Idle Chatter: Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?