<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 03, 2006

We're all busy little bees, full of stings, making honey day and night, aren't we honey? - Bette Davis

So, I'm always telling people how incredibly dull my life is. I've always been a good listener, but these days? I have no choice but to do so: I have nothing to talk about!

My days are beyond routine, they're an absolute rut. I only know what day of the week it is by whether or not Matt's here. If he is, it must be Saturday or Sunday. If not? Well, I have a 20% chance of getting it right.

My life, right now, is anything but exciting.

So, of course, when things finally start to happen, they happen in large clusters.

Not in a major, life-changing way, but the next few days are kind of crazy.

Tonight, we start things off with our usual Sci-Fi Friday line-up, and I have to confess to feeling just a little guilty there.

See, I still love Stargates: SG-1 and Atlantis. I do. But I'm so into Battlestar Galactica these days, it's gotten to the point where I'm almost waiting for the Stargate shows to be over. I want to get to the good stuff! Hence, guilty feelings.

So, that's not a huge deal, I know.

But Saturday, we're taking Alex to Earth Fare for a Red's Round-Up Party; a food-related kid's club, with a monthly party focusing on a type of food each meeting. Last month, it was citrus, which, if you click on the link, you'll see Alex quite enjoyed.

This time, it's Chocolate!! The kids will learn about, and try, all kinds of chocolate...oooh.

Because of the party schedule, Alex will be missing his nap. He'll also be around lots of kids, and consuming caffeine and sugar.

Heh, heh...

Then, we're dropping him off with Matt's parents for the night!!!!

Matt and I will be off on one of our rare 'date' nights; dinner at a new sushi place, Ginza, and a performance of As You Like It.

Sunday, we pick Alex up, and then we'll spend the next few hours searching through as-yet unpacked boxes for my decade-old Steelers paper plates, napkins and plastic cups!

The ones I've been saving for their next appearance in the Super Bowl. Which have survived two cross-country moves. Waiting, waiting, for the Steelers to finally 'go all the way'.

And now that my team's getting ready to play in the biggest game of it's life?

We can't find those plates, napkins and cups. Waaah...

In addition to the search-and-rescue effort, I need to make some appropriately snack-able foods for the big game. Sunday night is, for obvious reasons, blocked out.

Monday afternoon, I go back to the doctor to see if my current thyroid meds are doing their job. I come home, and meet with a personal trainer I'm hoping to hire. If I do, I'll at least have two or three days each week where something different will happen.

So, as often happens in my life, lots of excitement, all bundled up in a few short days.

I really need to figure out how to pace these things...



Tagged with
, , , , , , , ,




Idle Chatter: Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?