<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Dead to the World 



19. Dead to the World (Southern Vampire Mysteries); Charlaine Harris (320 pages)

I added this book to my Amazon Wishlist a long time ago, and forgot all about it. It must have been recommended to me because of the "Undead and..." novels.

Matt gave it to me for...Christmas, I believe, and it sat on a shelf for seven months!

I finally picked it up last week because frankly, I was tired of all the 'heavy' reading I've been doing (currently working through a book on the early days of the OSS, for example).

It was fun. Set in small town Louisiana, a mind-reading waitress dates only vampires (who've revealed their presence to the world and are now regarded as citizen, due to the development of synthetic blood)...vamps are unreadable, and 'normal' guys think she's weird.

Witches and Weres exist, and I went quite happily along for the ride.

Turns out, this was book four in the series, so I was a bit in the dark in regards to some things (turns out? Elvis isn't dead. Well, not entirely. He's Un-dead.), so I ordered the three previous, and added book five...the most recent...to my wish list (someone may have a birthday coming up in a month...eh hem).

I liked it. It was a quick, easy read, and I'm such a sucker (sorry) for this vampire chick lit thing!




Idle Chatter: Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?