<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Great Works

So, how are you doing with your 50 Book Challenge? I'm woefully behind...I think I've read three books since July! And with Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners ahead of me; well, I'm going to have to cram in a bunch of paperbacks to make it.

And on the topic of books, I found this list of the 100 Best English-language novels since 1923, over at Pop Culture Junk Mail (if you don't visit that site...shame on you). How many have you read??


So far, I can add these to my list:


Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret
Judy Blume

The Big Sleep
Raymond Chandler

The Blind Assassin
Margaret Atwood

Catch-22
Joseph Heller

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
C.S. Lewis

Lolita
Vladimir Nabokov

The Lord of the Rings
J.R.R. Tolkien

Naked Lunch
William Burroughs

Neuromancer
William Gibson

On the Road
Jack Kerouac

The Sun Also Rises
Ernest Hemingway


11 out of 100? Clearly; I need to work on my classics!




Idle Chatter:
I feel the same way!

There's another, much larger, list of books I've been meaning to read, but that doesn't quite count, does it?
 
18, yay! or um, shame -- some of those, though, I don't remember all the way through -- just the basics.

however the list seems like a pretty good jumping off point, since there's a lot of variety there...
 
14. shameful for an English teacher, eh?
 
Laura...I definitely need to read more of these...one day.

You know, in my copious free time!
 
Yes, Shame! Shame!

You should lock yourself in a closet, you bad teacher, you.
 
Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?