<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

What's Up With That?

When Alex was born, we brought him home in a Pittsburgh Pirates onesie; with matching booties. It was cute, yet not cute.



I made sure he had at least one Pirates outfit for each size change, and my parents bought him a wonderful batting jersey.


(before he had hair...)

The thing is, Alex is a growing boy. He's outgrown all but the jersey, so naturally I want to get him replacement outfits. But here's my real problem: Major League Baseball doesn't recognize children between the ages of 5-8.

It's true.

Practically every team (I did check) offers something for kids up to 3, or possibly even four. But after that? The next line of children's clothing begins at eight. Eight (years) through sixteen.

What are the five, six and seven year old fans to do?

Alex is definitely to big for anything the Pirates sell in the toddler section. He's not quite 2 1/2, but he's wearing 3 and possibly even 4 sizes.
However, he's not quite giant enough to wear the shirts of an eight year old!

So, for the next few years, my boy can't wear the officially licensed clothing of our favorite team. Which is a loss to all parties: not only can I not dress him up in black and gold, the Pirates (and MLB) are losing my money!

So seriously; what's up with that?




Idle Chatter: Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?