<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 26, 2005

Things That Make Me Happy...Day 26

Running across a (rare) rerun of Homicide: Life in the Streets on TV.

Best damn cop show on the planet.




Idle Chatter:
You are so right about that. I like CSI but Homicide was perfect. Through the winter Netflix is going to let me enjoy every episode again.
 
I know!

I loved Homicide for it's realism...the detectives didn't wear designer suits, the actors-while attractive-didn't look like they could populate a Ralph Lauren catalog, and best of all? They didn't always wrap up the case after sixty minutes.

I mean, in a perfect world, Grissom, Sipowitz and Briscoe would read the evidence, find the killer and get a confession all in one day.
But real life? You don't always get the bad guy. Cases go unsolved.

And the lives of the detectives on Homicide seemed real, as well.

A cop my husband talked to once said it was the most real cop show he'd ever seen.

But it was still damn good!

And yes...thank heavens for Netflix.

I own the first two seasons, but the rest are close to ninety bucks per season! Until they lower the price, I'll be renting, as well. They're already in my queue.
 
Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?