<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Pennsylvania, I'm ashamed to call you home

Please visit the Friends of Judy site, which has been added to my Links.

Judy Wilson is a midwife in PA who is being charged with Involuntary Manslaughter and Child Endangerment, because she was assisting in a home birth, and when there were complications, the parents refused transport to a hospital. The baby died two days later.

The parents don't even want to press charges, but Allegheny County is going full-steam (roller) ahead.

This is a subject close to my heart...while not having a home birth, we used midwives throughout my pregnancy. Our plan was to deliver at the birth center. Only a serious problem mitigated the use of a hospital, and doctors.

By all appearances, Judy Wilson is being prosecuted because of what she is, not what she's done. And that makes me very angry with the city of Pittsburgh...






Idle Chatter: Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?