<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 11, 2008

Well, Good for Him

Just about the funniest and smartest stuff on late-night TV can be found on the Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson.

He's funny, yes; but he's also smart and charming, without coming across as a suck-up, he's honest without being cranky (ehem), and always willing to make an @ss of himself for a laugh.

And clearly, I'm not the only one who thinks so: Ferguson Beats Conan in ratings for first time.

Way to go, cheeky monkey.




Idle Chatter:
Yes!

My naughty donkeys.

(insert flared-hands-to-cheeks screaming effect)
 
I agree!

And now he's got that White House dinner to survive...
 
Welcome back my filthy pigeons.

Living in LA, I recently had the chance to attend a taping of Craig's show. Even better in person! Especially funny when he introduced the band: after waiting for our applause to die down he says, "They're not here." (Apparently they taped earlier.)

I attended with a friend who is originally from Craig's hometown of Glasgow, who knows Craig from his stand-up days in Scotland.

Take that, watchers of the show at home.
 
Oh, how fun!

You can tell he's having a marvelous time doing the show, and I can only imagine how much 'good' stuff we miss thanks to the lovely commercials, of which I'll buy one of everything.

What I really enjoy is the nights he has other UK'er's on as guests: his accent gets a bit thicker, and he seems to have an even better time.
 
Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?