<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 06, 2006

And they wonder why I don't fly...

Just read this article about a 4 year old boy who almost didn't get to visit his grandmother, because his name was the same as someone on the 'no fly' list.

You'd think that, when the folks at the airline saw they were dealing with a toddler, they'd let it pass.

But no; they had to give the boy and his mother a hard time.

This is not an isolated incident.

When Alex was about 4 months old, Matt and I took him North to visit my family. We actually purchased a ticket for him, even though it's not required, because we had to get his car seat to PA some way.

Well, wouldn't you know it: my sweet little baby was red-flagged.

I thought 'oh, how (weird) funny. I'm sure we'll get this cleared right up'.

I was so wrong.

It took considerably longer to do something as simple as check in. Getting to our gate?

Why, those security people couldn't possibly let my terrorist infant through without a hassle, could they?

Nope.

In fact, since Matt was carrying Alex, both he and Alex were subjected to extra screening.

Meanwhile, I'm wavering between tears and 'man, I'm pissed'. I think I even said aloud 'do you think he's smuggling a bomb in his diaper???!'.

I swore I'd never fly again.

And I haven't.




Idle Chatter: Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?