<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 19, 2005

You've got to be kidding me

You know, I think of myself as a retro-modern woman; a retrosexual, if you will.

I'm perfectly content to stay home and take care of my family and house. But it's my choice. I made the decision to be the one to take care of Alex, to have dinner on the table every night. No one forced me.

And while I choose to be here, I also have the right to go out and work...to be anything I want.

Reading this article about Supreme Court nominee John Roberts, I find myself getting angry. Angry that someone with those beliefs has managed to rise to power, angry there's nothing I can do about it.

Except spread the word, I suppose...

This quote, with Roberts questioning "whether encouraging homemakers to become lawyers contributes to the common good." really gets me worked up...

I'm not sure what we can do about it, save writing to our lawmakers. But me? I don't want this guy sitting on the Supreme Court bench!




Idle Chatter: Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?