<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Have another piece

From the September issue of Vegetarian Times (I just got my issue today), a news item I felt I had to share...especially with my dear friend Elizabeth, and my cousin Elaine, who are both 'with child' right now.

Sugar Babies
Women who eat chocolate every day while pregnant produce babies with happier dispositions, according to a study by the University of Helsinki, Finland, that appeared in the February 2004 issue of the journal Early Human Developmant. Six months after the babies were born to women in the study, the mothers rated their infants' behavior in several categories. Researchers discovered that babies born to mothers who consumed the most chocolate smiled and laughed more frequently. Chocolate-eating moms who expressed the most anxiety during pregnancy gave birth to chidren who showed less fear of new situations than babies of stressed-out moms who did not eat chocolate. This led researchers to speculate that besides "producing subjective feelings of psychological well-being" in mother and baby, the effects of chocolate may also carry into the first weeks and months of life.


Could explain why Alex is such a happy child...nah, I didn't eat That much chocolate!





Idle Chatter: Post a Comment
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?